Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Progress in the Garden




It’s been a perfect week in the garden – 60 or 70 degrees and lots of sunshine. Area gardeners are digging with joy.

The bamboo bean tepee is waiting for the pole beans planted last weekend, radishes are in the two leaf stage, cucumbers, flower boxes, canna are planted.



Zinnia seeds are in the ground. The roses have been fed. Lettuce is peeping out of the soil in the flower box.

The Euonymus, Pieris japonica, PJM, and lilacs need to be trimmed. Daylily and Brunnera need to be moved. The ivy covered bank needs to be cut back. There are weeds to pull and hoeing to be done.

But, 47 coleus plants (top picture), tomatoes, a bunch of impatiens, dusty miller, marigolds and other annuals (below) are ready for planting.




I plan a big planting day tomorrow. Everything else will have to wait. I'm almost giddy with anticipation.

2 comments:

Vi said...

Well, Marie, you've done a great
job of making me very envious!!!
Vi

Marie said...

Hi Vi,
I thought I was way behind in the garden until I started writing it down. Not so bad! Planting day today. A friend is coming to help. Bless her!