Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Iris and Allium






Not a lot of garden work got done over the holiday weekend. The weed trees maple, oak, dogwood and chestnut have been poking their heads out here and there. I’ve been yanking them out for weeks thanks to Mother Nature and some over-zealous squirrels.

The yellow Iris, bloomed about two weeks ago. The cut, spent flowers were sent to the compost bin.
Allium Giant Persian Blue has finished blooming. The white Allium mulribulbosum blooms a little later. The blue was cut and added to the compost. The white will be around another week.

I hope you had a good holiday as we honored our troops.


*****

And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

No comments: