Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Summer Garden





.
I’m taking a break from the garden this week to attend Musikfest.

Arts Quests’ music extravaganza began July 31 and continues through August 9. It’s a party all over downtown Bethlehem with a variety of music, street performers, craftspeople and food. (Picture above coleus at Blumenplatz next to Americaplatz.)

But I have had time to enjoy my own garden.

The reseeding area makes an instant cottage garden. Cosmos, snapdragons, snow-on-the-mountain, cleome, sweet alyssum with the double orange day lilies crowd together. This area is slightly different every year depending what re-seeds. This year the cosmos has pretty much taken over.

The new Casablanca lily’s pretty, scented blooms look good in their first year.




.

I like the look of liatris and coneflowers together. The liatris seems to be extra tall this year.







Super Elfin Bright Orange Impatiens and coleus light up a dark spot under the redbud tree.

.

4 comments:

Morning Glories in Round Rock said...

Your blooms look wonderful. Many, such as Alyssum and Snapdragons, I can only grow in the Spring or Fall. Even the Petunias died in our heat this year.

Enjoy your Festival--I seem to remember you were very busy with it last year. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Marie said...

MG,
We have had a cool, wet start to summer. Most of the plants are not too stressed by heat and humidity. I know I will envy you in January. LOL

Musikfest is great fun with music from around the world. I plan to spend as much time as I can there. Thanks.

donna said...

Are those coleus growing in a heart shape or is that my imagination? The reseeding area is a wonderful idea and looks beautiful. Enjoy Musikfest...summer is coming to an end quickly so soak up all that you can.

Marie said...

Yes the coleus is in a heart shape. I planted them at Blumenplatz and I would like to say I did that on purpose. But the truth is - I got lucky!