Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Heavenly Angel’s Poppy


.
We’re on the road again so my posts may be a bit sporadic. I want to share the annual poppy in my garden.

The seeds were given to me by my friend, Vi, last year. She said, “put them in the ground in the winter.” I scratched them lightly into the soil last December. They are spectacular this summer and have been blooming for 2 or 3 weeks. I don’t know the variety but Heavenly Angel’s Poppy is a great name, isn’t it?


.

.
Although the pictures look a little pink they are really a deep, soft orange. Burnt Orange Peony Poppy is closest I could find at One Stop Poppy Shoppe http://www.onestoppoppyshoppe.com/servlet/the-15/Peony-Poppies-Poppy-Seeds/Detail

I plan to collect seeds for next year’s garden and to share with friends. According to Vi, “As the seed pod is drying, cut it off and lay it on a plate to finish drying. Then the little holes around the top will open and you can shake out the seeds.” I should be able to do that.
.

No comments: