Wednesday, September 09, 2009

A Walk Through the Garden

.
I haven’t spent much time in the garden so far this week. I picked a peck of (un)pickled peppers. This has been a good year for sweet peppers!

The potted plants are growing tall and full. The pots with cannas and coleus are my favorites.
.


.
The hardy hibiscus is being gobbled up by some unknown bug. The first picture is from the middle of August. The second picture is from the end of August. Not very pretty.
.

.

.
The cleome is still going strong. Such an easy annual for me. The seed pods hanging from the stems guarantee next year's crop.
.
.

7 comments:

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Sweet peppers? I never had luck with them, so I just stop planting them. Cleome is a great plant, indeed! It comes back again and again.

María Cecilia said...

Hello, you have beautiful flowers though fall is coming to that side of the world. Never saw Cleome before, I´ll look for them!! pretty!!
Thank you for your post.
María Cecilia, from Chile, southamerica

Marie said...

Tatyana,
I have not grown sweet peppers for years. I was very happy with the result especially since I started the (free) seeds in March.

Marie Cecilla,
Cleome is a plant my grandmother grew in her garden. The flowers bring back memories of my wonderful grandmother and walking through her garden.

Lottie said...

Ooh, I just found your blog... and it's wonderful. How do I follow?

Marie said...

Very nice to meet you Lottie.

You can subscribe to this blog by clicking on the little orange square at the top "status bar". I also left a comment on your inspiring blog.

donna said...

Coleus always look so extra nice this time of year and yours are no exception. They are so pretty. I'm making a note to plant more next year.

Marie said...

Donna,
I am a big fan of coleus. I'm taking cuttings now so I'll have plants for next year. It's a bit of work but it saves $$$.