Saturday, June 28, 2008

Evening Primrose


.

Oenothera speciosa

This plant is a showy but a fairly aggressive spreader in my garden. There are people that say it could take over the world. I continually tell it not to go past the brick edge. (I don’t talk to my plants very often. Ah, maybe I do.) I pull, dig, and hoe the plants that get on the wrong side of the tracks - I mean bricks.

The blooms started in the beginning of June. They still look good today. The pretty pink profusion of blooms has found a way into my heart.
.

2 comments:

MeMeMe said...

Hello Marie, my pc is alive again! I received an evening primrose but planted it under the shade! for now... nice to see your pink ones.

Marie said...

Jeannie, I'm glad your back online.

Let me know if the Evening Primrose takes over your garden.