Wednesday, September 29, 2010

…a year later

Don’t you love before and after pictures? I do. Last year I put in a new garden around the AC unit. (See September 29, 2009 post.)


The Pieris japonica 'Mountain Fire’ almost is now almost 3’ tall (behind yellow mum). I added 3 hostas and 2 mums this year. The rest is filled in with annual coleus and impatiens. I plan to add another evergreen shrub next year – maybe a Daphne.

The AC unit is 4’ tall. It may take a few more years to disappear behind the shrubs.

Before – September 2009 After – September 2010

.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a lovely garden!!!!

Morning Glories in Round Rock said...

Wow, Marie! What a difference a year makes! So beautiful.

Marie said...

Thanks Jenny.
I didn't expect the coleus to get that tall! I'm glad they did.