Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Spring Fever


All it took was one warm day. Temperatures above 60 on Monday made me antsy to get out and work on garden cleanup. I trimmed the pussy willow and cut back the hellebores and sweet autumn clematis.

I don’t want to walk on the garden while it is soft and wet but I can reach a lot of from paths and stepping stones.

I need to cut back Autumn Joy Sedum, Purple Coneflower, Black-Eyed Susan and other perennials where I left the seed heads for the birds over the winter. Ornamental grasses need to be cut. I don’t see any new growth from the hellebores which is unusual. Hopefully they’re late and not dead. There are leaves to be cleaned out. I’m sure I’ll find much more when I get outside on the next balmy day. Believe it or not I can see some weeds popping up. They will go ASAP.

The Japonica is almost in bloom.











Snow drops are everywhere.




Heather blooms cheerfully at the top of the bank.










I can see the tops of daffodils, crocus and miniature iris.



Ah yes, spring is almost here.


(I apologize – the sidebar “About Me”, “Previous Posts” and “Archives” has moved to the bottom of this blog.)

No comments: